Notice for Large items:
Please note: Larger items such as furniture, garden furniture, parasols, and large mirrors may also be delivered in separate deliveries due to the size of the boxes or the number of pieces. Please check the item description, contents, and delivery information before contacting us.
1.1 This policy contains details of the delivery methods, periods, and charges that apply to orders for our products made through our website vonhaus.com.
1.2 This policy is a legally binding document and forms part of the contract of sale between you and us made under our terms and conditions of sale.
1.3 Direct Home Delivery (DHD):
We offer some goods which are manufactured or distributed by our third-party suppliers and these third parties will deliver the products directly to you. We are still responsible for the sale of these DHD products to you, so please continue to contact Domu Brands Ltd t/a VonHaus.com with any queries.
Next Day Delivery and fixed delivery dates are not available on DHD products. These products will be clearly identified on the website prior to purchase and in your email confirmation.
1.4 UK Mainland:
For the purpose of our terms and conditions, Delivery Policy and Returns Policy, UK Mainland excludes the Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Scottish Highlands, Grampians, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Gibraltar, and any other territory or crown dependencies of the United Kingdom.
1.5 VonHaus products:
Means all VonHaus, VonShef, Spinningfield, Beautify, Milo & Misty, and Gold Coast products.
2. Free delivery not standard
2.1 We offer Free standard delivery to all UK Mainland addresses on all orders. Please note this will be confirmed at the point of checkout.
2.2 All other orders to addresses not within UK Mainland will be subject to delivery charges as detailed in Section 5.
3. Geographical limitations
3.1 We will usually be able to deliver to the following countries and territories: UK Mainland and Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Scottish Highlands, Grampians, Northern Ireland, and the Channel Islands.
3.2 We may from time to time agree to deliver products to other website countries and territories.
3.3 Unfortunately, we may not be able to deliver some garden structures to all locations due to the size of the products and the logistics of delivery.
We will confirm prior to order confirmation whether delivery to your location is possible.
Please find a list of locations exempt from the delivery of garden structures. We apologise for any inconvenience if we are unable to deliver to your location.
4. Delivery methods and periods
4.1 The methods that we use to deliver our products, and the time periods within which delivery is usually completed, are as follows:
VonHaus & VonShef Products
- Next-day delivery is available and usually takes 1 working day.
- Free UK Delivery* Excludes large deliveries to highlands & islands usually take between 3-5 days, excluding weekends and bank holidays.
- Large UK Delivery* Excludes large deliveries to highlands & islands for larger items take 7-10 working days, excluding weekends & bank holidays, However, this is an indicative time estimate only.
- In limited circumstances, we may take up to 30 days to deliver the products to you.
- Deliveries to addresses outside of the UK Mainland may take longer.
- Deliveries to addresses outside of the UK Mainland may take longer.
- Next-day delivery is not available.
- Fixed delivery dates are not available.
- Free UK Delivery* Excludes large deliveries to highlands & islands usually take up to 10 days, excluding weekends and bank holidays.
- Free UK Delivery* Excludes large deliveries to highlands & islands for heavy items, such as furniture usually takes up to 15 days, excluding weekends and bank holidays. However, this is an indicative time estimate only. In limited circumstances, we may take up to 30 days to deliver the products to you.
Churnet Valley Items
- Churnet Valley items will take 2-4 weeks for UK mainland delivery, excluding weekends and bank holidays.
Shire Garden Structures
- Shire garden structures items will take between 2-16 weeks for UK mainland delivery. To find a more accurate estimate check the delivery section on the product page of the product you have ordered.
- For Shire garden structures, you will receive an email directly from Shire Buildings roughly within 24 hours to book delivery straight onto their system. Please ensure to check your email inbox 24 hours post-purchase in order to book your delivery.
4.2 If you place your order before 1pm on a working day, these time periods run from the close of business on that day; if you place your order after 1pm on a working day, or on a non-working day, this time period runs from the close of business on the next following working day.
4.3 The delivery periods set out in this Section 4 are indicative only, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure that you receive your delivery in good time, we do not guarantee delivery before the end of the stated period. We will always deliver your products within 30 days unless there are exceptional circumstances, including all events outside of our control (see Section 8 of our terms).
4.4 We may conduct fraud screening checks before dispatching the product, and these checks may delay your delivery. If the delivery is likely to be delayed as a result of fraud screening checks, we will notify you.
4.5 If you have pre-ordered a product before it is in stock or otherwise available for delivery, then the time for delivery does not commence until the product becomes available in line with the date indicated on our website or other communication to you.
4.6 Please note we do not currently offer delivery to Amazon or Evri parcel lockers
5. Delivery charges
5.1 If you do not qualify for Free UK Delivery* Excludes large deliveries to highlands & islands, then delivery charges will usually be calculated by our website and automatically applied to your order during the checkout process. However, in some circumstances, we may need to quote you directly.
5.2 Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order. This information will be displayed before the checkout is confirmed.
5.3 * The cost for deliveries to NON-UK Mainland will usually be generated on the checkout when you enter your address. Please note that in some instances we may not be able to confirm the delivery charge at the time because it is dependent on British Force Postal Service (e.g. for Gibraltar and other crown dependencies) or non-standard mail or courier, therefore we will provide this information as soon as possible and prior to confirming your order by email.
6. Delivery tracking
6.1 Delivery tracking is not available in respect of the DHD orders of our products.
6.2 We, the DHD supplier or the shipping agent, will notify you upon dispatch and confirm the delivery details.
VonHaus & VonShef Products
6.3 Delivery Tracking is available on most of our VonHaus products.
6.4 We will notify you upon dispatch of the products. You will then receive an email with tracking details directly from the nominated courier when your item(s) are out for delivery. Enter the tracking number provided into the courier tracking form on their website.
If you require any further delivery details please contact the courier directly or our customer services team, [email protected]
7. Delivery process, receipt, and signature
7.1 Our couriers deliver between 8am-9pm, Monday to Friday, and on occasion, they may deliver at the weekends. Excluding public holidays.
7.2 If the courier arrives and there is nobody home, they will leave the item in a safe place and leave a calling card stating where your item was left. If they do not feel there is a safe place, they will either leave with a neighbour or they will take the parcel back to the depot. A delivery card will be left for your attention.
7.3 If your product requires a signature and you are not home to accept delivery, the courier may re-attempt the next working day or will contact you to make alternative delivery arrangements. Please note that a failed delivery may result in additional charges to cover the costs of making a second attempt or re-delivery- this will be confirmed to you when making alternative arrangements.
7.5 Please note our couriers can only deliver to ground-floor entrances, they cannot deliver to upper-level property entrances.
8.1 If your products are not able to be delivered the delivery service provider will leave a card at your address, with instructions on how you may collect your products, including a time limit for collection.
9. Delivery problems
9.1 If you experience any problems with a delivery, please contact us using the contact details that we publish on our website or otherwise notify you.
9.2 If our delivery service provider is unable to deliver your products, and such failure is your fault, and you do not collect your products from our delivery service provider within the relevant time limit, we may agree to arrange for re-delivery of the products; however, we reserve the right to charge you for the actual costs of re-delivery (even where the initial delivery was free of charge).
9.3 An indicative list of the situations where a failure to deliver will be your fault and may be subject to a re-delivery charge, is set out below:
(a) you provided the wrong address for delivery;
(b) there is a mistake in the address for delivery that was provided and this mistake was caused by you
(c) the address for delivery is not reasonably accessible by the courier;
(d) the address for delivery cannot safely be accessed;
(e) if in-person receipt is not required, there is no easy and secure means of leaving the products at the address for delivery and there is no person available to accept the delivery; or
(f) if in-person receipt is required, there is no person available at the address for delivery to accept delivery and provide a signature.
10. Undeliverable Orders
If a parcel is undeliverable, it will be returned to us and may be subject to re-delivery charges as set out in section 9 above, there are several reasons why a parcel may be returned:
- Incorrect address; If the address supplied is incorrect or outdated the parcel will typically be returned to us by the carrier or the unintended recipient.
- Incorrect address format; If our system does not recognise the way an address was entered the parcel may be assigned to a carrier who is then unable to locate your address.
- Failed Delivery Attempts; If the shipping agent cannot successfully deliver a parcel it will be returned to us.
- Illegible Address; In rare cases, address labels may become impossible to read in transit. If that happens a carrier will return the parcel to us.
- Damaged in Transit; If a parcel is damaged while it is on its way to you the carrier may return it without attempting delivery.
- Dangerous or insufficient access: If the shipping agent cannot safely deliver the product to your premises, it may be returned to us and you may be charged. Please note this is particularly important for larger items, furniture, and garden structures- please also refer to our Garden Structure Terms if you have purchased a product from this range.