Garden Structure Terms
These Garden Structure Terms (Terms) apply to any Garden Structures purchased from Domu Brands Ltd (trading as VonHaus) (VonHaus/we/us). ‘Garden structures’ include any Sheds, SummerHouses, Arbours, Pergola’s, Bin/Bike/Log Stores, Garden Offices, Fence Panels and other external structures for assembly or building as made available by us from time to time.
Please note that these Terms apply in addition to our Standard Terms of Sale (Standard Terms), however, these Terms take priority if there is any conflict or difference with our Standard Terms.
Please note that all Garden Structures are only available for Direct Home Delivery (DHD) and will therefore be subject to those terms, conditions and requirements where highlighted in our Standard Terms, Delivery Policy and Returns Policy.
These Terms do not affect your statutory rights.
Installation of Garden Structures
- Installation is only available for Garden Structures where stated, otherwise all Garden Structures will be supplied for self-assembly. In the event installation is available this section will apply to the installation of your product.
- When installation is available, it will be subject to an additional installation charge which will be made clear to you prior to the point of order. This charge will apply and be added to your order cost if you select installation at that time, on our website.
- If you have any issue with the installation of your Garden Structure then please contact us in accordance with our Returns Policy. Any failure in the installation which is caused by us will be treated as a fault with the Garden Structure itself and may be subject to repair or replacement in accordance with clause 11 of our Standard Terms (Breach of Product Warranty).
- If you choose to install the Garden Structure yourself or via a third party installer we do not accept any liability for damage, faults and/or claims arising from such installation of products. In the event of any queries or problems arising from work carried out by third party installers, you must contact the installer concerned for any assistance.
- Our usual delivery time period will be extended by up 15-30 days if you have purchased our installation service, this is due to us needing additional time to allocate specialist personnel for our installation service. In exceptional and unavoidable circumstances, these periods may be extended.
- The installation service is currently offered to limited locations and postcodes only – please consult the relevant product page and read our garden structure delivery info for further information.
- We will contact you prior to estimated delivery/installation data in order to confirm the delivery date and confirm any additional instructions.
- Installations are carried out weekdays only, typically between the hours of 7.00am and 8.00pm. In unavoidable circumstances these times may be extended at our discretion.
- If you exercise any discretionary right to cancel the order and return the Garden Structure (under our Standard Terms) on the date of installation or after the installation team have finished the installation, the installation charge will not be refunded. Please also note that any damage or unreasonable use may result in a deduction in the amount of any refund to you (see our Returns Policy).
- If you choose to cancel and order return a Garden Structure once installed, we will apply a de-installation charge to cover our costs in doing so. This charge will be detailed at the time of cancellation.
- We have no objection to any third party companies not contracted by us, working on installation of your building at the same time, for example any electrical package you request from third parties, save that we accept no liability for such third party’s actions (In the case of any electrical installation, this work should be carried out only by a competent qualified electrician)
Site Preparation for installation
- It is your responsibility provide a suitable and large enough area is available for your Garden Structure, which may be accessed via our delivery team. This will include ensuring a concrete or paved base is in place, being solid, square (diagonals) and level (by spirit level) – no less than the size of your chosen product. See details on How to build a base. We recommend that only concrete bases for log cabins and larger workshops and summerhouses.
- You should also ensure
- 600mm (2’) unobstructed access is provided all around the proposed site
- No trees, branches or similar encroach upon the proposed site or working space
- Provide clear external pedestrian access (not height or turn limited) to allow unimpeded passage of the product sections and components.
- If you have purchased a Garden Structure with an adjustable base, then you will also need to ensure the ground it will sit on is of a gradient no more than 65mm rise or fall measured across the length or width of the base, the area should also be devoid of obstructions and not overly saturated with water. If the installation team deem the ground is not suitable, the installation will be aborted.
- Please be aware that our installation team will not install the building onto a portable base not purchased from our website.
- If you are unsure about anything to do with our recommended range of adjustable bases, please contact our customer service help line number before making your purchase, alternatively you can email us here.
- Our installation team requires unobstructed access for product delivery and entry to the fitting site.
- If installation is not deemed possible because you have failed to ensure the site is suitable as described in these Terms, then you may still be charged for the failed installation attempt and/or be subject to an additional charge for any further installation service.
- If installation is not completed because of a failure to comply with these Terms, you may be given the option to leave the product on site for self-assembly or to prepare an appropriate base/location, following which a second installation visit can be arranged subject to payment of an additional installation charge.
- Some of the products may be made from wood or other natural materials and, unlike steel or plastic or other man-made materials, may be affected by the environment. In addition, each piece of timber will have grains and knots which will vary. These variations can absorb treatment and react to the atmosphere differently.
- Some splitting of the timber may occur as it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and temperature, knots may also fall out, this is perfectly natural and does not affect the integrity of the product and does not class as damage or faulty unless it makes the building unfit for purpose.
- We do not deem any such variation, expansion or natural change to be a problem or defect in the products, nor will they be treated as such under our Standard Terms.
Manufacturer’s Anti-Rot Guarantee
Scope of Warranty
- The Manufacturer offers an additional, free 10 year warranty under which they will repair or replace any Garden Structure experiencing damage by wood rot, subject to the Terms of this Anti-Rot Guarantee. We will pass such warranty through to you wherever possible and not prevented by the manufacturer’s warranty terms.
- This Warranty only covers rot caused by fungal decay and insect attack.
- Our Garden Structures are pre-treated with a water-based timber treatment for protection during transit. In order to receive the full 10 year anti-rot guarantee, it is necessary that you treat the garden building with a high quality, spirit-based, timber preservative prior to or shortly after construction- and repeat this treatment at least once per year. This will protect the timber from weathering and will need to be repeated accordingly in relation to manufacturer’s instructions.
- This Warranty is only valid in the United Kingdom.
This Warranty does not cover
- Movement, warping or splitting of the timber over time.
- Damage caused by or as a result of misuse.
- Glazing material, joinery or roofing felt.
Validity of Warranty
The Warranty is invalid if:
- The Garden Structure has not been constructed on a firm, level base.
- The Garden Structure has not been constructed or installed as per the instructions.
- The Garden Structure has been customised or modified in any way.
- The person claiming is not the original purchaser of the Garden Structure.
- The Garden Structure has not been treated immediately once constructed and at least every 12 months thereafter.
- The Garden Structures has been touched by an external wall or in contact with a tree or a bush. As this would allow moisture to penetrate the Garden Structure.
- A damp-proof membrane is not laid between the floor joists and the base.
- Corner joints are not sealed with silicone.
- Roofing felt is not properly maintained.